5 Things About Me:
1. I live in Podunk, well, actually it's Kelwood, but the definition of Podunk is: a small, remote, unimportant town, so most would say that describes my village pretty accurately. The thing is for those of us who live here, we think it's the center of the universe. You know, Paris is 4,158 to Podunk, NYC is 1,790 miles to Podunk, Rio is 6,122 miles... You get the picture.
2. I believe an artist can create exciting, cutting-edge work no matter where they live...thus, I choose to live in Podunk. I think that inspiration abounds and ideas flourish no matter where you live. I believe in blooming where I'm planted.
3. I do not have a diagnosis of OCD, but then again I've never been tested, but creativity is what keeps me awake at night and what gets me up in the morning. At times, ideas come in such a fast and furious stream that I need to be prepared so I don't drown.
4. When I'm making art, I don't always play by the rules; I do like to play, however. My experience has taught me that the road to new discoveries needs to be strewn with broken rules. Like using a weed torch on a canvas or mixing charcoal with acrylic paint.
5. I'm not a 20 or 30 something. Podunk has been my landing page for 6 decades and I'm finally living the lifelong dream of being a full time artist. It's never too late. I'm pumped and I hope I can encourage anyone reading this to develop your creative side no matter what your occupation, your age, or your life situation. You will be the richer for it.
Until next time.
2/13/2017 06:47:15 pm
This is great. Podunk is on the map now.
2/13/2017 07:21:46 pm
2/13/2017 07:20:53 pm
You've worked hard to achieve this promotion, but your efforts were completely worth it. Now one of your great desires became real! Wishing you best of luck in your new journey!
2/13/2017 07:36:51 pm
Very cool love the website !
4/17/2018 01:01:47 am
2/13/2017 08:34:08 pm
"I believe in blooming where I'm planted". 'great words Kathy!" Congrats on getting your site. 'looks real good.
4/11/2023 05:46:41 pm
Hi thanks foor sharing this
Leave a Reply.
Kathy Levandoski, wife, mother, grandmother, artist, genealogist and gardener